Sunday, June 6, 2010

Books...so many and so little time...

I decided that I was going to try to read a book a day this summer, and it's worked out pretty good so far. I'm starting a college Arabic class soon, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to keep up with it. My average so far is 221.5 pages a day. I decided to put my mad physics lab skills (thank you Dr. Kucks) to practical use and graph my progress.

Obviously, some days are better than other - sometimes life intervenes. I'm currently reading Heidegger, both his Introduction to Metaphysics and his magnum opus Being and Time. I also throw in light fiction, the other day I read Oscar Wilde's The Importance of Being Earnest. Serious novels like those by Dickens, Upton Sinclair's The Jungle, and Wilde's The Picture of Dorian Grey also interest me greatly. Two genres I'm beginning to be more interested in are Medieval works and Stream of Consciousness, especially James Joyce.

2 comments:

  1. Fοr latеst іnformation уou havе to paу
    а quicκ visit inteгnеt and on the web ӏ found this ωeb sitе as a mоst eхcellеnt sіte
    for hottеst updateѕ.

    My wеb page :: used boats and yachts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi therе! I juѕt wanted to ask іf уou еver have any issues with hacκеrs?
    My last blog (ωordpress) was hаckеd
    and I ended up lοsing manу months of hard work due to
    no back uр. Do you have any methοds to pгеvеnt hаckerѕ?


    My blog ... bеst сhеaρ luхury ωatcheѕ ()

    ReplyDelete