Friday, August 17, 2012

Why I am not Reformed

The Bible tells us that God is love. This means that by his nature he is loving - he cannot be anything else. Needless to say, some Christians seriously misunderstand both God and love. Here is an example of such a misunderstanding and a good rebuttal as noted by my friend at The Harp of Alfred:

Does God Love Everyone? A comparison between Reformed and Lutheran approaches to predestination

My next post will give my personal perspective on Reformed theology's failure to understand both the nature of God and the meaning of Love.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Matt, nice running into you at Shoe's on Saturday. You should check out "On Being Catholic" by Thomas Howard. Frank loves it and I think it would be right up your alley. Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete